Check out some of the payments news and financial technology news we've been reading:
Via PaymentsSource: Pokémon Go Is Payments' Future in All Its Glory
- The new viral app is a great example of what a modern payments experience should be.
Via The Verge: Credit Card Companies are Blowing it with Chip Payments
- Although the deadline to transition to EMV has passed, many retailers still do not accept chip card payments.
Via Fortune: Apple Pay Now Accounts for Three-Fourths of U.S. Contactless Payments
- The mobile payments platform is finally beginning to gain traction among consumers after a slow start, especially in international markets.
Via Wall Street Journal: PayPal’s CEO on Why Financial Apps Are Nothing Without Knowledge
- Dan Schulman argues that financial institutions, governments, and advocacy groups should work together to improve financial literacy.
Via CNET: Alexa and Capital One Introduce Voice-Powered Home and Auto Payments
- Capital One will soon enable its customers to make home and auto loan payments through Amazon’s voice assistant devices.
Via American Banker: Don't Take Tech Giants' Payments Ambitions Lightly
- Although banks still have a stronghold on the financial services market, tech giants are creating major competition in the payments space.
Via Wall Street Journal: The Battle Heats Up in Person-to-Person Payments
- Some of the largest banks in the United States are teaming up to rival PayPal’s Venmo and tackle the P2P payments market.
Via PYMNTS: Visa/PayPal and the Future of Payments
- The recently announced partnership between Visa and PayPal could have significant implications for consumers, merchants, and some of the biggest players in the payments industry.