Check out the latest in payments and financial technology news from around the web:
Via Engadget: Samsung Pay Adds New Online Payment Options
- Samsung pay now supports MasterCard’s online MasterPass service and in-app payments.
Via Wall Street Journal: Visa Taps Blockchain for Cross-Border Payment Plan
- Visa’s new venture in B2B cross-border payments utilizes blockchain technology.
Via Forbes: From Mobile Payments To Loyalty Programs
- Rewards and loyalty offers within mobile payment apps should be simple, relevant, and secure.
Via International Banker: The Power of Fintech: Transforming Payments, Transforming Strategies
- Fintech is making a significant impact on the payments industry.
Via CNET: PayPal's CEO Sees the Phone Transforming Commerce
- PayPal’s CEO believes mobile payments are the future.
Via Bloomberg Technology: Banks Challenge Venmo with New Payments Network Dubbed Zelle
- Nineteen U.S. financial firms are teaming up to offer a real-time payments network.
Via Forbes: Survey On Consumer Attitudes Toward Fintech Spells Trouble For Banks
- Three in five Americans say banks are failing to keep up with their needs, while 75% of survey respondents agree that fintech gives them more power over their finances.
Via TechCrunch: MasterCard Launches Its "Selfie Pay" Biometric Authentication App in Europe
- MasterCard users can now confirm online payments by showing their face to their smartphone's camera.
Via Venture Beat: Fintech vs. Traditional Banking: It's Not a Zero Sum Game
- Fintech firms and top financial institutions can work together to transform the industry.
Via TechCrunch: Facebook Messenger Now Supports PayPal Payments in Bots, Will Track Your PayPal Receipts
- PayPal is now a payment option within Facebook Messenger.